Saturday, April 13, 2019

A Long Time Coming

I have decided after much deliberation to bring this blog back from the dead. In the past few months I realized how much I have missed it. Blogging and writing to all of you gave me something to take my mind off the "real" happenings in my life. And lets all face it, sometimes you just need an escape. 

In the past few months I have actually semi reconnected with a few of you and it has felt amazing. It made me realize that on some level all the effort I put into blogging and letter writing hasn't been forgotten. I have been dabbling for a couple months with sending the occasional postcard through Reddit. However, I had not actually taken to full on letter writing/ exchanging until just recently. 

Today (or rather yesterday) I received a wonderful letter from a former snail mail associate Jenny. I cannot tell you how much the letter brightened my day (even if some of the topics weren't the happiest). Somehow letter writing can be very cathartic and I am looking forward to that benefit. 


Look at how adorable the card is!! Before I opened it I was confused by the thickness of the envelope. But once I opened it I realized why. The embroidered design adds a bit of thickness, but it was not enough to add any additional postage. 

I should also point out that it was the first time I have received a letter sealed with a wax seal in what seemed like forever!

My fiance Johnny was pretty funny when he handed it to me. He told me I got "fancy" mail because of the seal. I have to admit it does add a bit of appeal doesn't it? I honestly was surprised it made it all the way across the country without getting damaged in transit. I think I will have to invest in a wax seal kit myself so I can seal some of my own missives. 

If you have stuck around through this first (probably clunky and awkward) post I hope you will join be again soon. My mind is brimming with ideas of what to write about. Though I am always up for suggestions as well. I noticed quite a few of the blogs I used to follow are no longer being updated. Has everyone moved on to just updating Instagram?

Until next time my friends!

2 comments: