Saturday, May 11, 2019

Stamp Release: Transcontinental Railway 150th Anniversary

I should have posted this yesterday, but of course I did not have my ducks in a row. How unlike me... Anyway, I had to work yesterday so I sent Johnny (who had the day off) to try and get me the newest stamp release. He was certain that our post office would have them and was shocked when I told him our closest post office (the only one in my town) is incredibly basic when it comes to the stamps they carry. If you want flags they have you covered! I know Johnny doesn't fully understand my stamp obsession, but he was legitimately upset when he came up empty handed. He was insistent that after I got off work we drive to the next town over (Bend) and find a post office that carried them. (I needed to run to Target anyway so it was in that general direction).

I went into the post office where I was greeted by a very unwelcoming lady who insisted I look at the case first to see if they stamps I wanted were available. So I appeased her and looked at the case then turned around and asked the gentleman at the counter for the Transcontinental stamps, the NY Stamp show stamps and the Marvin Gaye (Jons request) stamps. This postal employee was much nicer and even told me he expects the railroad stamps to sell out.

The stamps are far more beautiful than I thought they would be. I tried to capture the glistening gold on the stamps in that photo and I am sure I utterly failed. Regardless now I am thinking I should have gotten more than one sheet. (thank goodness for the USPS website).

Of all the stamps that have been released in recent times I must say I feel like these are the prettiest. Did you pick up these stamps yet? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment