Sunday, May 26, 2019

Stamp Sunday: Wild and Scenic Rivers

I am sure many of you probably snagged these stamps when they released on the 21st. I unfortunately forgot they were coming out...which meant I forgot the stamp ceremony. *eyeroll*. The most disappointing thing about this is that the stamp ceremony was in Bend, Oregon. This is just 15-20 minutes drive from here. I wanted to attend, but again...brain fog got the best of me.

Anyway, the Deschutes River is featured in this set (far right, third one down). The Deschutes runs through my town and the neighboring ones. You can float the river in summer time and watch a myriad of water fowl and other animals drinking or swimming in the river. The Deschutes allows us to irrigate the farmland that is all around this area, so without it we would be completely lost.

My local post office did not have the stamps when I asked. I was told they only received 10 sheets upon the release. This further shows I will have to visit Bend for my stamp needs. OR wait for them to arrive from USPS online store.

Are any of these rivers close to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment