Saturday, April 27, 2019

Stationery Find

Do you ever go hunting for stationery in off the wall places? Since I decided to get back into writing I realized that I have a SEVERE lack of stationery. At the height of my blogging/writing I had amassed a nice collection of envelopes, cards and all manner of stationery. I compiled that collection from months of searching and mostly stumbling upon those items in shops along my travels. Finding stamps to put on letters is an easy task. Finding stationery that is exciting...not so much. Unfortunately, the town I live in doesn't have a shop with such items. My only options are big box stores (which don't get me wrong, I shop in them a lot) but they do not tend to carry things that excite me in this respect.

Today I decided to bargain hunt the local Goodwill to see if I could find something interesting. (I love thrifting...something about getting a good deal is just incredibly satisfying.) I found that adorable Snoopy stationery set still sealed for $2. How could I pass that up? I also found a variety of sized envelopes for $1.50 and a set of super cute notebooks (pictured below) for $2.
There are actually three notebooks there. They are different designs but are what you might expect the Pendleton shirts would look like. I believe they are probably close to Moleskine style on the inside (I haven't even opened them yet how silly!). I think I may use one to keep track of addresses and the other...well who knows!

Anyway, am I the only one who attempts to find stationery that is not in a traditional box store or online? Where do you find your happy mail supplies?

No comments:

Post a Comment