Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools!

Happy April Fools Day everyone! I was going to write a post about how email was the best form of communication under the sun...but I thought that would be a bit dry and completely unbelievable coming from me. (I was right wasn't I?)

And so I decided to tell you a little origin of April Fools Day. Or at least what little I could find on the internet. The first of April has been associated with foolishness since 1381 (so say some scholars) when it was referenced in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. Again this is all what the scholars believe. There is a bit of an argument as to whether it refers to April 1 or May 2. We may never really know when it was first spoken about, but I would like to think that Chaucer was up to something. =)

The other interesting thing was how many countries celebrate April 1st. I never would have guessed it would be over 10, but according to wikipedia..there are! Now, there are countless ways to trick your friends, and I found a great website of the 100 best pranks of all time. You should certainly check it out.

How do you plan to celebrate today?

1 comment:

  1. haha I love april fools day :)
    great post!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete