Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Libraries on Twitter

So the library system I work for just recently joined Facebook. I guess I understand that..virtually everyone on the planet has a Facebook (including me). But what exactly is the purpose?

On that same note, one day after we created a Facebook page, we joined Twitter. Ok..now..seriously. I know that larger library systems have a lot of information that may make having a Twitter account worth while...however, my library system is a smaller in size and well..that means we have less to put out there.

I guess I understand that we need to keep up with the larger libraries. But honestly, how long will it be before we stop updating either of those two accounts?


On a final note, if you'd like to be my friend on Facebook you can find me pretty easily by searching for Misty Davis or by searching for my email address. Just remember to shoot a message saying that you read the blog and want to be friends. I make a habit out of not friending random people.

3 comments:

  1. I joined Facebook for a short while, but it gave me the creeps. It's not that I don't understand its utility and practicality. I just felt that I was accumulating friends who weren't really friends. I'm not talking strangers either, just people who would not otherwise bother to stay in contact.
    Our corner coffee shop is on Facebook and Twitter, and I can't figure out why. I can just see their Twitter feed: just served another cup of coffee, Mochas seem to be really popular today, It's not so busy now, so we're cleaning tables. I'm afraid I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling!! I mean are we going to tweet that we are shelving books? Checking books out? Repairing them? Checking them in? Seems silly to me.

    Sometimes the technology is too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried finding your page on FB and had no luck. There are a whole bunch of Misty Davises and none of them seemed to be in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete