Saturday, January 22, 2011

Lunar New Year 2011: Year of the Rabbit

I wanna start off by just announcing that the first in a line of "all- forever" stamps was released today. The Lunar New Year: Year of the Rabbit stamp was released today. And while I didn't manage to go snag any of these awesome stamps today... I promise I will be getting some as soon as I make it to the post office!



This stamp is actually the fourth in a series of 12 stamps designed by the U.S. Postal Service to celebrate the Lunar New Year. The series debuted in 2008 with the Year of the Rat. Oh and if you were curious...the Year of the Rabbit officially starts on February 3, 2011 and ends on January 22, 2012.

Another interesting tidbit for you the United Staes isn't the only country to celebrate the Lunar New Year with stamps. I found this interesting stamp site where they listed the different countries and pictures of each stamp. Some of which are really neat looking.

Did you go buy the new Lunar New Year stamps? If not, are you planning to?

No comments:

Post a Comment