Tuesday, June 7, 2011

More Mail For Carter...

And even some inspirational mail for me. =)

Today was a mail day filled with junk and letters from a fellow blogger. Limner (Bobbie) Cade is such a wonderful woman!! Yesterday the mail included a note and book for Carter. She sent him a book called "Stink"...how appropriate. We haven't started reading it yet, though we will in a few days when I have some time off. (He loves being read to). ** If you haven't checked out her blog...you definitely should!!**

Then today I opened the mailbox and pulled bills, junk and 4..thats right 4 things sent from Ms. Limner. Two were for Mr. Carter (or Carter the Great as she called him on the front of one note) and two were for me. We spent some time reading his letters. One of the letters asked if he wanted to be an honorary cowboy!! How exciting is that?? We shall be working on a letter for her on Thursday (as Wednesdays are my REALLY busy days).

Then after he had read his mail, he needed to do some yard work (not really...but this boy cannot wait to have a job...boy wont he eat those words someday). So while he was doing his work I read my mail. I must say, it was just what I needed to get out of the blogging rut I have been in. She commented on the blog and told me that she enjoys reading, and that she hopes I stick to it. Well what can I say..it made me want to sit down right then and blog about it. =)

The truth is I love blogging! If I could...I would have TONS of blogs all about various topics. Maybe post to each one every few days. Though, blogging is time consuming. Sometimes very time consuming. I started off extremely ambitious...posting to the blog every day. But..that can get a little tiresome. It also gets a bit harder to find things to blog about. Everyone who reads this blog knows that I rarely ever share my daily rundown. So, if there isnt anything particularly interesting going on in the writing/stamp/penpal world..I am usually at a loss as to what to write.

And I am still trying to find the balance between blogging and writing letters...as well as blogging and reading...or blogging and all the other various projects I would like to accomplish. What I can say is that I shall try my best to post a few times a week. And ALWAYS let you know if I will be taking a break from posting. Also, if you are one of the many people who choose to write me, I promise I will respond...though it may take a little while for me to do so.

So I ask your patience and understanding. And as always, thank you for the taking the time to read my rambles.

**Any of you interested in Penmanship or Handwriting? If so, keep a look for tomorrows post...a book review. =) **

2 comments:

  1. I'm relieved to hear everything made it to you and Carter the Great so fast. You're a gem. :)

    A little advice? Write only when you feel like it, otherwise it becomes a chore. If it's forced, it's one of the most difficult things to do. Post once a week if that's all you can manage. Show us some of those pens you've collected. :) Sometimes a picture is worth five posts.

    I'm working on getting CTG inducted into The Cowboy Club. ;) It'll take a little while, so tell him to keep an eye on the mail box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the advice! (and everything else) That is currently my goal. To only write when I feel like it or when I have something interesting to say.

    I am very serious when I say that your letter and postcard (loved the black with white writing!) were just what I needed to get out of my posting rut! So, thank you once again and keep your eyes open for a lil something from CTG. =)

    ReplyDelete