Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Hallmark Cards

So I was stumbling around the internet today and readin through my RSS feeds when I came across an article about Hallmark teaming up with the USPS. They are going to start offering cards that already include the postage. This would mean less trips to the post office for those people who do not typically visit it.

The postage paid envelope that comes included will always equal the current postage rate for mailing a card. Basically the envelope will act just like a forever stamp. (I thought that was pretty neat).

The new Postage Paid Greetings Line will be in stores this week and is said to include around 200 different designs. Not only will there be everyday cards, there will also be some seasonal cards offered as well. According to the article I read, which you can find here the cards will be available in multiple retailers including some larger chain drug stores as well as Hallmark stores.



I know that isnt the best image to let you see what the new cards will look like. But...it was the best one I could find currently. I will be hunting down a display of these cards soon. But I doubt they will become something I buy regularly. I prefer to put "fun" postage on my mail. =)


There is a video in the article..I dont really recommend watching it though as it doesn't add anything to the stor
y.

5 comments:

  1. I come from a long line of stamp collectors (my grandfather and my father were very serious collectors!) and one of the things that always drives me nuts about the USPS is all the programs they decide to get into. Made collecting very complicated! I don't do as much as I used to just for that reason. (I still remember all the complaints they got when they started doing their own FDC cachets!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received a PC from Canada that had the same thing. Made me like it less since their was no real stamp. I don't know if that's such a great thing. I guess they have to do whatever they can to keep the business a float. Despite our best efforts, most people are mailing less. Especially since the late teens and early 20's think a text is sufficient for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In all honestly I must agree with both of you. I think it's sad that people cannot take the time to stamp an envelope personally. I mean...it literally takes two seconds. BUT..then again we live in the technological age. Where everything is supposed to be convenient and nothing is supposed to be personal.

    It does make collecting stamps and such hard...I myself have decided instead of stamps I would collect FDCs.....only to realize..that there are FDCs and then Digital Postmarks. They look the same but different. And thus I got suckered into buying the both..because well..they fit the guidelines I had set up to start the collection. Damn USPS for making my pocketbook that much tighter!

    And as for texts being good enough for everything..well..I am an early 20 something..er..scratch that..a mid (soonish to be later) 20 something and I dont text for everything. Most cases it is much easier to call unless it is a quick, "Grab milk." or "Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you." Otherwise, call and get more information sooner.

    Thanks as always for reading my rambles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great, but we don't have Hallmark in Croatia :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this will really appeal to some folks. I like putting a pretty stamp on, but the post office here is always way backed up. (Cutback I assume.) So, it's not a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete