Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Mail Art Show!


Blog follower Derrick sent me this by email..and I thought I would share it with all of you. I am looking forward to creating something to send in myself. AND I would love to see what you come up with, if you decide to submit a piece.

"Milk is calling for artists for our February mail art show! No packages will be opened, envelopes unsealed...art must go through the post and be ready for display. Any packaging must be the art itself. Postcards have already started to arrive and we have heard rumors of objects to be sent. Art will be for sale at a 50/50 ratio to artist and gallery. Include your address on the art in order for compensation for sales to be forwarded! Any unsold art will not be sent return post due to the volume of works being received. Artwork needs to be received in the gallery by February 1st.

Please mail your awesome art to 212 13th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814.

9 comments:

  1. I will be there taking photos, I'll send them in to Misty for post.

    Derrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever wonder where to buy Washi tape!? I know its puzzled me for ages -- look what I just found!? http://www.cutetape.com/ It might help anyone wanting to send in a piece of art for this call!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Derrick- Thanks for letting me know about this..and also for offering to go take pictures!! I am still working up the concept for my piece, but I wonder...do you think you are allowed to submit more than one?

    Anon- Thats an awesome site!! I actually have never used Washi tape..but it is on my to-do list. Etsy has some nice selections too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds interesting...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited about this! Thanks so much for passing it along.
    I was also wondering about number of submissions. Is there a website with more info, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenn. There is no limit on the number of submissions. I found that on their Facebook Page. You can find it by searching for Milk Art Gallery in the facebook search page. =)

    As far as I know the gallery doesnt have its own site? Or at least I wasn't having much luck in finding one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha..i was just coming back to say i found the facebook page, too! i have a friend in sacramento, too...maybe she will see the show, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come on guys, I already have permission from the gallery to take the photos. they are going to have a preview showing on the Thursday before Second Saturday ( an art show in downtown Sacramento every Second Saturday:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool Derrick! I am still working on the pieces in my mind, but I am thinking I will ultimately send 2. I will continue to spread the word to various sources. Thank you for taking the pics! I will post any that you send. =)

    ReplyDelete