Saturday, December 17, 2011

Spectrum Eagle Stamp

I know my image is fuzzy..but it was a little too small. I had a hard time finding others..so I just enlarged it a bit. You get the idea. To see it in the resolution I found it..click the picture.

On January 3, 2012 the United States Postal Service will issue new Presorted First-Class Stamps. Most of us will not use these on mail, unless of course you work for a company who uses them. BUT...I thought they were neat and wanted to share them with all of you.

Illustrator Michael Osborne worked with art director Ethel Kessler to create the stamp art for this series.

3 comments:

  1. Delicious colors! Thought the eagle was a phoenix. Still very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I stumbled on this when I was looking something else up, it sounds like you may be able to use presorted or other non-first class stamps if you add postage up to first class rate and have special, free permit:

    http://www.linns.com/howto/refresher/postalregulations_19990906/refreshercourse.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah- Thanks for the info! I think I will give this a shot and if I have no issues (I don't expect to) I will write up a blog post about it. =)

    ReplyDelete