Monday, December 26, 2011

New International Postage

In less than a month the cost to mail a letter outside the North American continent will increase from 98 cents to $1.05. And with that change comes new postage!!


The new stamp features Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Lancaster County is famous for the Amish communities that reside there. You can read more about the Amish here.

I am pretty excited to use this stamp because I send quite a few Amish Country postcards through Postcrossing, and now I can add a stamp that matches! I may even use a few of these stamps on postcards with destinations inside the country. =)

8 comments:

  1. Amish country has some of the most charming communities and landscapes in the nation. I'm glad to see this culture featured on an international stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like it when the USPS or any postal service features different themes on their stamps. I mean don't get me wrong, I don't mind our flag stamps...but sometimes having something different (like these stamps) is nice. Plus it gives mail artists a chance to make something neat to use this stamp on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hate that postage is going up (especially since I'm addicted to mail) but love the stamps & have no issues to giving our postal friends a raise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The postage increase will definitely add up throughout the year..but I am completely ok with that. Though it was extremely convenient for me to use two 44 cent stamps and a 10 cent stamp instead of the one international stamp. Now I will need to figure out a new combination. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking the same thing. 2 x 44 add in a 10 cent, a 5 cent and a 2 cent? or just add a 20 cent and not worry about the pennies lost but less the aggravation?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even Lady Gaga is moving to Lancaster County. (well, she was house hunting anyway, according to the local paper). I'm so happy about this pretty stamp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a nice stamp. :) Glad to see something new.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snailmailer- They do make a 17 cent stamp..so theoretically you could put two 44 cents and a 17 cent stamp on it. Or like you said just plop a 20 cent one down. Haha. We shall see some of the interesting combinations that we come up with. =)

    Marian- I didn't know that!

    Bree- I completely agree. I am so excited to use some of the new postage stamps the USPS is issuing this year!

    ReplyDelete