Tuesday, July 5, 2011

50th Anniversary of the Sutton Dam Constrution

So this month commemorates the 50th anniversary of the Sutton Dam (which is located in West Virginia). I borrowed this picture to show you what the Dam itself looks like.


Its a bit of an oddly shaped photo and I promise you can find better ones by google searching "Sutton Dam".

Now you may be asking yourself why I am talking about the Sutton Dam on a blog that focuses on all things postal. Well, in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of construction on the dam...they are releasing a Special Cancellation!!

Now I am not sure what the cancellation will look like, but you better believe that I will be sending myself a postcard to find out. If you'd like to do the same (send yourself or others letters/postcards with the cancellation on it) you need to send your stamped mail inside a larger envelope addressed as following.

USPS
Sutton Dam Cancellation
306 Riverview Drive
Sutton, WV 26601

There are two days of cancellations, but the way that I read the article it appears they will be the same cancellation just different date markings. Those dates are July 22nd and 23rd. So be sure to send the items sooner rather than later so you dont miss out.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I just never know what I'm going to find here at your blog. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Misty,

    I would love to get cancellations from USA - but since I live in Sweden I have a small problem. Would you like to exchange cancellations? I could send you cards from Sweden with cancellations.

    Hanna (hannaahl@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there again . I love your blog . I learn something every day here .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy that people find something new here everyday!!

    ReplyDelete