Thursday, September 22, 2011

3 Posts in One Day!!

Guess who is feeling better...

One of my major goals for next year (I know its early..but it will be here before I know it!) is to take a photo of my incoming mail everyday. So I am going to try my best to do that starting now, and hopefully it will be a full-fledged habit by January!


The top row from the left is a Postcrossing card from Jeneyka from Ukraine. Her whole family worked on this card. How beautiful is that?? Then there is a beautiful envelope made from a paper bag from Emilie . She has a postcard project where she asks people to adopt the Penguin Book covers. I myself adopted Scootering. I wrote about the history of scootering and then mailed it back to her. You should check it out!

The bottom row is a postcard that I sent to a soldier that was returned. In this case it is a good sign! It means he is home already and therefore his military address is incorrect. =) Then we have a postcard that I sent off for a special postmark.


The final envelope on the bottom is a letter from Donovan Beeson, who's Intangible blog is amazing! You should definitely check it out. Oh and she is also the co-founder of the Letter Writer's Alliance. If you haven't already, you should join!!

4 comments:

  1. Loveliness borne by stamps! Don't you just feel too guilty for not being able to share everything? Then you think, well, if I share it all now, what will I have for the dry spells? :) Okay, then you could be like me, and privatize some things that you're not ready to share. Or, maybe sharing will spark jealousy? ;)

    I have some things that need special props. Like a little bird that came my way. I have grand plans for it.

    Am so happy that silence is a good thing where your soldier is concerned. :)

    I am crazy for Intangible. I gaze in rapt wonder and drool. Such talent, huh?

    Are you a Moleskine fan? Ooh wee, man! I am ashamed for not having participated. Yet. Check this out, okay? Then, can we talk? :D I want to see some of your work there. You'd be a shoe-in.

    http://www.moleskine.com/about_us/news/ecriture_infinie.php. Hymn to handwriting. What a concept. I'm not worried though. Handwriting is here to stay, just like the postoffice. Will you help me spread the word?

    Love and silly hugs!

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at how talented some people who write letters are . That envie with the lighthouse is just awesome as is the rest of the mail pictured . also there is a return reply in the mail to you today . Good days are wished for you .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better. Thanks for the pretty bird card. :) I am beyond honored. Don't get the subscription for Carter! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the well wishes! I am going to post on the blog about your traveling Moleskine project! Count me in!! Do I sense you have something up your sleeve?? =)

    ReplyDelete