Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kill the Rainy Day Blues

So today I decided to kill the rainy afternoon blues. We werent getting stormed on..more just light sprinkles. The sky remained gray and gloomy which makes me feel lazy. I swear..I could have laid on the couch and watched M*A*S*H all day. BUT...instead I decided to work on some envelopes.


I used some pigmented india ink to splatter some envies.


I made sure to splatter the fronts as well as backs. And I tried to be even about it...but really the variation makes for a fun design.


If you have a chance..you should definitely attempt this. The inks are inexpensive ( I think I paid 15 for a set of 12 inks?) and it is a lot of fun. Though I caution you...if you are anything like me..you'll get some splatter on yourself as well. =)

How do you dress up your envelopes?

7 comments:

  1. I did that once too, but with paints:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that before with watercolors, but I didn't have nearly as nice a work space. I did it on my desk in front of my laptop- Big mistake! I had to clean the screen afterwards. Won't be doing it that way again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! Love the splatter -- even on your fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Misty! Thanks for my post! I love it :-) Yes please to spreading the word about me x Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did it once in front of my laptop..and not I have permanent blue dots on the edge of my laptop (I didn't realize they were there...). After that I decided perhaps working on my drawing board would be best. Though I think in a pinch you could use an inexpensive piece of poster board. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Jackson Pollockesque. I did something similar with crayons once. Too bad I used one of my brother's long john tops as my canvas.

    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did something with crayons like this in college actually. Poor crayons getting all melted.. haha

    ReplyDelete