Tuesday, January 31, 2012

John H Johnson Stamp

Today is the release date for the John H Johnson stamp. Mr. Johnson is the 35th person to be honored on the Black Heritage stamp series.

For more about John H Johnson you can take a look at his Wiki page here.

If you are curious like I am, you can also take a look at the Ebony Society of Philatelic Events and Reflections site to see all the stamps issued in this series. Harriet Tubman was the first to be featured in this series followed by Martin Luther King Jr. It is interesting to see how the look of the stamps have changed over time.

What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Going to be picking these up for my black history month postcards I have 60 on hand to send out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. and Mrs. Johnson were both amazing people in their own right. Was at the po roughly two hours ago. Their stamp pickings were nil to slim. I bought a sheet of Romare stamps that has 4 stamps missing. It's the busiest post office!

    No Hispanic Heritage stamps. No Gregory Peck. Will go to another post office tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow. Never knew this existed. I've used many of those stamps over the years. Wish I could get my hands on all of them. At a steady pace. :)

    Thanks, Misty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Derrick- Your swag package for me arrived today! YAY! I am so excited for the goodies! And the stamps will be perfect on your postcards!

    Limner- I know what you mean about slim pickin's! My main post office has been really slow at getting the new stamps..yet the closest post office (in the other direction from work) has all the new ones. SO..today I picked these ones up and will be using them on my mail. =) Why can't the stamps be in store the day they release like everything else?

    ReplyDelete