Friday, February 17, 2012

Benny the Blogger

Benny the Blogger write the Your Postal Blog. I follow this blog closely because he always writes about informative topics (again...letting you in on my secrets). A post not long ago showed statistics from people and one of them was that 81% of people polled immediately open their mail, while the other 19% lets it pile up.

I open mine almost immediately unless I pick it up on my way to work. Then I will wait until my break and read it there. I know some people will wait until they have responded to all their mail before opening a new piece. However, I cannot help but think there may be something important inside the letter I wait to open. That's why I open immediately. (Well that and the suspense kills me!!)

So now I am asking you. Do you open immediately or do you wait?

11 comments:

  1. What I usually do:
    First thing I did after collecting my mail from the mailbox is getting myself a nice cup of hot tea or a glass of water. After that, I will sit in my study room and open my letters one by one. I will try to reply to each mail then. :) That's when I'm in my home sweet home and away from studies and college life etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I open immediatelly! I couldn't wait really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If its a bill, it can wait. If its a letter from a penpal or mailart, oh ... that gets opened right away!! You betcha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually open it right away, but wait a few days to respond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always open my mail right away (like you, I can't bear the suspense!), although sometimes I wait to read the mail from my PO box until I get home, if I'm driving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. depending on what it is and where it is from. Most of the time I open right there at the mail box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I open everythihg immediately, though any bills are last. Replying is a slower process...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bree- That sounds like such a nice way to do it! MMmm tea!

    Everyone else- It looks like we are all in the same boat!! Haha.

    StoneZebra- Dontcha wish the replying was as quick? I am so slow at it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mail barely has time to breathe from the moment I take it out of the post office box to me opening it. I plan my mail trips so that I get the mail out of the box, rip it open with the letter opener I keep on my person (one of these days I'm going to make a t-shirt with a letter opener and the words "Careful ... or I'll open you like a letter!"), and then stand in the queue reading my mail while I wait to purchase more postage. I don't much care if the people around me think me weird if I giggle or gasp or grumble while I read.

    And, yes, the mail does gather dust while waiting for reply. I get seriously behind, though I always do reply, even months, or years, later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a rule I open it as quick as I can, often walking back from the mailbox. But I often wait to open birthday cards till the day of my birthday, and we open Christmas cards together as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both! I open the "good stuff" immediately, unless I have more than one really good piece of mail. I might open one & let one sit so I will have something fun two days in a row.

    ReplyDelete