Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fun Contest

Have you ever wanted to make your own postage stamps? Perhaps some of you (talking to you Limner and Elle) have? Well, what do you think about making our own postage and sharing what we come up with? Shall we set a deadline of March 1st? You can either email a scan or photo of your stamp, or you can mail one to me.

Whatever you can come up with will work. There is no specific theme or genre the stamp must fit into. Though please remember that the blog is family friendly, so no profanity or graphic nudity. I will post all the entries and then figure out how to make an anonymous poll for us to vote. The winner will be chosen by your peers and the prize will be...something that has yet to be determined. But perhaps some vintage postage would be thrown in there. =)

So what do you think? Would you like to participate? If so, let me know and spread the word. The more the merrier. Now I need to start thinking up my design!!

12 comments:

  1. I have never done it so I'm not sure if I will know how to but I will gladly see what others come up with:) Nice contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean using Zazzle or some service like that where it's actually postage, or faux postage?
    Sounds like fun. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this sounds like a blast. I have only recently discovered the beauty of postage stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got That Swing- I am hoping that people will do it! I think it would be fun. =)

    Winnie- You don't actually have to make the postage "sendable" . So no need to use Zazzle unless you want to. Artist stamps are completely fine by me..and actually probably what I will end up using.

    Syocom- I thought it sounded fun too! Will you be submitting one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm... I wonder what design I should use. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all for winning some Vintage stuff! Or anything really!
    So, can i just draw a pic and email it to you? I've always wanted to design my own stamps! Like, have my own postal stamp line like designers have clothing lines! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to try! Great idea! Thanks for coming up with idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this contest! ...and the wheels are turning...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shannah- You sure can. =)

    I am looking forward to what everyone comes up with. I am sure they will all be lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marie, Laurie and Limner- I cannot wait to see what you ladies come up with!! =)

    ReplyDelete