Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nice Weather Means HIKING!

SO...the weather this weekend was beautiful!! We didn't get the rain here that we were supposed to get so..I went out hiking. And of course because you are all so nice to follow and read along...I thought I would share a few photos with you. =)

This first waterfall is called Brandywine Falls:







Of course I had to take a picture of this sign as I thought it was truly hilarious!



Then there was this tree on the one trail...it has grown around some rocks. This one will make a nice hole for some animal to take shelter from the spring rains.



Along the same path we had this nice little spot where we could walk right down to the waters edge. It was super beautiful.



Then walking down there I found this fossil, which I ended up carrying the rest of the way back to the car to bring home. (I have a think for fossils)



Then we moved to another path and found Blue Hen Falls:



The wall of the falls are all made up of shale...



And finally how about that SUPER moon last night??



Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this. I hope everyone had a great weekend and gets lots of awesome mail this week!!

8 comments:

  1. I love the photos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice pics, got your post card today, thanks. and yes I did think up the clovers on my own. My gife from God is to make stuff out of scraps!
    jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tour. Rushing water in the Spring is such a glorious sound, I can almost hear these falls. Sign is too funny, make a great post card graphic. Where's Butch xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that everyone enjoyed the photos. I was very happy to share them with everyone.

    Corrine- Butch sat this one out. Though I promised to take him with me soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I thought it was pretty neat too. Which is why it was worth hauling back to the car. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great hike! Thanks for taking us along!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for following! There will be plenty more hikes posted here this summer. (It may even get a bit annoying...haha). At any rate I am glad that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete