Tuesday, October 25, 2011

National Write a Letter Day..November 1, 2011

While reading through my RSS today..I saw a post on 365 Letters about National Write a Letter Day 2011.

NWLD is an idea by a fellow blogger at Natural Selections. You can read all about the project at the link above. Basically you are supposed to write a letter and send it to someone who is 24 and under. That is because many of the people in that demographic have probably never gotten a real letter in the mail. I thought it was a cool idea, so I will definitely be participating. Will you?

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to do this but I don't know anyone under the age of 24! Well, actually some of the people I already write might be around that age but I've never asked them. I suppose I could write one of my great-nieces, they're definitely under 24!! They might get a kick out it. I suppose I'd have to print rather than write cursive... What a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might help Stone Zebra

    http://tonsofmail.blogspot.com/2011/10/postcard-request.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know..I actually think that you could write to anyone. The whole idea (at least to me) is to show that snail mail is very much alive. Even people much older than their 20s have forgotten that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As it turned out, I DID write Hunter a postcard for his school project, AND I wrote my oldest great-niece a letter. I do hope it's her first letter and that she writes back! I'm the only one in my family that writes snail mail anymore since my Mom had to give it up and I'm hoping this will spark a little letter-writing resurgence in my family among those who can actually write! (some are too young)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear that StoneZebra!! I sent Hunter a card too! I think I may mail Carter a letter to his house. I think he would like that. =)

    ReplyDelete