Thursday, October 6, 2011

Swap-Bot


How many of you are on Swap-bot??

Swap-bot is a website that allows you to join or create swaps of all types. There are tons of swaps for people with limited funds which makes it nice for those on fixed incomes, or those of us who already spend a TON in stamps each month.

I have been a member now for over a year and have participated in 95 swaps thus far. I primarily do postcard and the occasional stationery swaps. And mostly I have not been disappointed by the items I have gotten back. Now, with that said there are the occasional "flakers" (a term for someone who doesn't send out their swaps). I have been flaked on once that I can recall, but a lot of the time someone with "Angel" the swap (someone who sends out additional items to someone who has been flaked on).

Why am I explaining all of this? Well, I had an idea to host a few swaps for my blog followers only. I thought it would be nice to get some of the lovely people I write to in contact with some of the others. This way, I would know the people who were in the swap and there would be less flaking (I would hope). But in the off chance someone did flake..I would be more than happy to angel it. We could start out with something simple..say a postcard swap?

Does this sound interesting to anyone else? If so, leave me a comment or email me. I would be happy to create a group on Swap-bot for followers only.

Oh also, swapbot is completely free. But be advised it does require you to log an address. Though the only people who would be getting it would be your swap partner. =)

If you are already on SB and want to be my friend..just click the link on the right side of the blog, OR click here.

8 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great idea. I've just joined swap-bot a few months ago. I'd love to join your swap!!! I'm the same name there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Misty. Thank-you for the letter I received yesterday! It was a wonderful surprise and I loved everything you sent including the notecard and envelope. I would love to join your group ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never participated in a swap before. Should I try now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might give it a look at Limner. It is kinda neat, a place for creativity or easy swaps like postcards. I will be setting up a special group for only followers. That way we will be swapping amongst ourselves. I thought it might be a nice way for followers (and mail lovers) to meet one another. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then count me in, as long as you teach me how to do it. :) I am still learning the Ins and Outs of mail art. May I never stop learning. :)

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I promise to teach you! I will be putting up a blog post at some point today explaining how to join and then also how to find the group. =)

    I am glad that everyone is on board for this!

    ReplyDelete